Project Manager for AFD-financed projects at Palestinian Water Authority
AFD-financed projects in the water and sanitation sector in Palestine currently represent an active portfolio of financing agreements worth 82 M€. 40% of these commitments are in water supply infrastructure while 60% are in the water sanitation sub-sector. 80% of the investment is found in the West Bank while 20% is in the Gaza Strip.
The projects to be followed by the PM are the following ones:
- Mysilia sanitation project, in Jineen governorate, works cost estimate: 4 M€ (design and build), expected to start in June 2016 + Consultancy contract for supervision.
- Bethlehem water project, including a delegation of funds from the Netherlands, works value: 13.5 M€, started January 2015 + Consultancy contract for design and supervision.
- Al Yamoun water supply project, in Jenin governorate, works cost estimate: 8 M€, expected start in autumn 2016 + Consultancy contract for design and supervision.
§ The Project Manager (PM) reports to the Head of the PWA PMU.
§ The project manager is mainly responsible for the management of works and consultancy contracts for the above mentioned 3 projects. In all cases, the supervision of works has been delegated by PWA to Consultancy companies.
The PM works in close coordination with Joint Service Councils and other water service providers (WSP) as well as with the PWA PMU local teams in the different projects’ areas. The TOR is available on the PWA website: WWW.PWA.PS under advertisements.
- Five years engineering degree in Civil Engineering or Water and Sanitation Engineering or Construction Management; or Equivalent degree
- At least 8 years’ experience in design, supervision and management of infrastructure projects.
- And at least 3 years in construction management of water and sanitation infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience with the management of internationally financed projects.
- Oral and Written English language proficiency.
- Good command of Office package including Excel and in maintaining and updating project paperwork and progress reports on a regular basis and as requested by Head of PWA.
- Driving license an advantage, options will be studied to identify the most suitable option for mobility
Personal Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication, reporting and coordination skills.
- Excellent planning, follow up & monitoring and administration skills.
- Initiative, self-reliant and cooperative.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel to works monitoring missions twice a week, in Tubas, Jenin and Bethlehem areas
The application should include a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter showing the suitability for the position (in English). The application should be submitted to the attention of Mr. Raed Sawaftah Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
(and copy to Eng. Sadi Ali (Email:Sali@pwa-gpmu.org
no later than
Tuesday, July 12 2016
Eng. Mazen Ghunaim
................... Head of PWA
TOR For Request for CVs